How Would You Like To Study For Your . . .
“Own Horse Business” Course?
With Government Accredited Qualification
Your ‘Own Horse Business’ is focused on the business of horses and also includes some horse care units. If you already have your own horse business, this course is designed to increase your ability to manage your own horse business at a higher level of profit and if you are preparing to set up your own horse business, then we focus on assisting you through this process.
Your ‘Own Horse Business’ areas of study are;
- Define Your Ideal Horse Business Before you commence your journey into owning your own horse business there needs to be an overall plan for your ideal horse business. There are a variety of areas to consider here and they are considered in sections below.
- Define Your Goals What do you want to have in your horse business? Is this business to support your competition career, so that you can work with horses, as a lifestyle choice or to make a lot of money?
- Who Are Your Potential Customers? These could be people that you would like to teach, people who have horses that you can train, people that have horses that you can care for or would like other services and goods that you can provide
- What Do Your Customers Really Want? What do your customers or potential customers complain about? Is there an equine service or product that you can supply better than everyone else in your area? Or is there already a business in your area that can’t meet the local demand?
- What Is Your Ideal Horse Business? Considering the information gained from the units above, what will your ideal business look like? Do you need to re-define your ideal business? Does it align with your personal goals? Do you have a supply of local customers? Can you deliver what they really want?
- What Do You Have And What Do You Need? Go through the checklist of what facilities are essential in your type of equine business, what are desirable in an equine business and what are considered luxuries. Before you put in new facilities we look at the financial viability of them and how to prioritise the business set up costs
- Setting Up Networks During this unit, you will learn how to easily expand your current network of people beneficial to your business and how to easily expand your network of contacts
- Income and Expenditure We understand that you have a passion for operating you own business, so in this area of study we look more closely at the income and expenditure of your business so payment for your time is considered. We look at cashflow and assess the different parts of your business to see which areas are the most profitable
- Projected Income and Expenditure. The projected income and expenditure of your business are important considerations when considering areas of profitability and expansions. While they are not set in concrete, the next 12 months of projected income and expenditure should be considered in the decision making process for mid to long term plans
- Who Can Finance Your Plan? Many businesses evolve from a hobby so you may already have enough resources to commence your business. We consider the contacts you already have and how to approach new contacts who have the potential to finance your plan
- Asset Assessment In this area of study, we look at your assets. They many not all be financial and it could that you are well known in the horse industry with a substantial number of students or it could be previous business ownership with experience and qualification and a well presented Business Plan
- Your Business Plan If you do need to inject extra income, then some of the many questions a financier will ask you “What will be my return?”, “What are you contributing?” and “How long has this business been established”? You will learn about the important items in a business plan that a potential financier will be looking for
- Make Sure Your Business Is Safe This is an essential part of your own horse business, not only for your self and your horses, but also for your students, potential students, suppliers and other visitors to your equine business
- Keep Your Business Organised And Well Run We give you template of policies and procedures, occupational health and safety arena and stable rules, Agistment/ Livery/ Boarding and Liability Release. All of these templates can be adjusted to your individual horse businesses.
- Organise Your Daily Activities Be efficient and organised. Correct planning will ensure you have a regular routing for each activity, as well as for each day, month and year with an allowance for unexpected activities such as a horse with colic or horse mis-behaviour
- Legalities Before You Start We have a checklist of what you need in place to get your business started. Local government and Council requirements will be different throughout the world, but this checklist will go through the recommended contacts for you to follow through with
- Tell Your Customers Every business needs to have income and your marketing and sales will promote your business to your potential customers. We will teach your when your should be marketing and when your should be selling to them
- Low And No Cost Marketing Strategies Many new businesses need to generate their initial income prior to having a large marketing budget and we show you some innovative low and no cost marketing strategies that have already been used with success in many horse businesses
- Customer ServiceOnce your customer arrives, they need to be served correctly so they will buy your services and products. We also show you how to encourage them to not only come back again and again but also to tell their friends about your great horse business!
- Maintaining A Consistent Cash Flow There are many risks of running a business, including loss of cash flow. You will discover other areas of your business that are able to produce cash flow so you can have multiple streams of income within your equine business
- Test and Measure Here we review what has been done in your business while you have been studying, to make sure your expenses and marketing is cost effective. We ‘tweak’ your current horse business so you can implement new ideas to increase your profitability
When you graduate from the ‘Own Horse Business’ course, you will receive the qualification ‘BSB40415 Certificate IV in Business’
We want you to be qualified in the latest, most up to date courses. If the Training Package changes while you are enrolled we will do our best to change your course into the new Training Package as early as possible. Also, we monitor the latest demands of the horse industry and we will update your course to these demands as early as possible.
The units included in your courses are
BSBSMB401A Establish legal and risk management requirements of small businesses
- BSBSMB402A Plan small business finances
- BSBSMB403A Market the small business
- BSBSMB404A Undertake small business planning
- AGCGBR306A Prevent and treat equine injury and disease
- SISOEQO408A Determine nutritional requirements for horses
- SISOEQO409A Train and condition horses
- RGRPSH401A Relate anatomical and physiological features to the care and treatment of horses
- BSBSMS302A Develop a micro business proposal
- SISXWHS402A Implement and monitor work health and safety policies
This course has been designed to be taken full time, over 40 weeks (37 weeks study + 3 weeks holidays). However, it could take less time if you already
- have previous experience with horses
- have previous experience managing a business
- plan to study for more than 20 hours per week
- plan to study full time
If you already have previous experience and would like to study full time, this course about learning to manage your own horse business will probably take less than 40 weeks. Simply let us know if you would like to ‘fast track’ your course!
Of course you may take longer if you like and your enrolment will be valid for up to two years. If you would like to re-enrol for a further two years, just contact us for your updated enrolment details.
All lessons are delivered online through your secure web page with a range of resources such as
- Extension Lessons/Homework
- Video Tutorials
- Power Point Presentations
- Student Resources
- Other Student Support
- And Much, Much More!
A combination of practical skills and theoretical knowledge are the main requirements for this qualification and these skills will be developed throughout the course.
The theory component is assessed through Online Horse College and the practical component may be completed by RPL from prior qualifications, references, third party reports or practical assessment. Otherwise you can upload a video and email us the link with your self and peer assessments. The cost for the practical assessments is paid directly to the assessor.
This ‘Own Horse Business’ course will be much more straightforward if you have easy access to an equine environment where you can regularly practice your skills
You will also be able to have regular phone tutorials during the course. In these you can ask us about any particular questions about Own Horse Business, even if it is not specifically included in your course.
Although they will need to be confirmed with us, when you complete most of your online assessments, you will know the results immediately! If you are not happy with the results, you simply take the online assessment again!
If you already have a horse care teacher or equestrian coach, they may be already qualified to supervise and/ or assess your practical assessments or even give us a ‘Third Party Report’. (There is an application process for assessors that must be completed prior to your assessment) Other people who may be qualified to supervise and/ or assess could be the owner/manager of your stable, or someone-one else you know who has considerable experience with horses.
If this is not possible we can also assess your practical skills for managing your own horse business by video. Simply upload or send us a video to view so we can complete your assessment.
You will also be required to ‘self’ assess and ‘peer’ assess your practical activities with horses. A ‘peer’ may be some-one with around the same experience as you with horses. They act as a ‘mirror’ and mark off your checklist as you complete your activities.
We may also conduct some verbal assessments during a phone call or phone tutorial
Some of these assessments may be simulated when it is impractical to assess in a realistic setting.
This online horse course is part of our ‘Career Pathway’ and suitable if you already have substantial experience with horses. If you already have extensive knowledge handling and caring for horses and/ or business management you can contact us for an RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) Application.
Alternatively you could consider our ‘Horse Riding Instructor’ course. These courses are especially priced well if you enrol in both at the same time. Also, it is possible to customize a course to suit your equine learning needs. Please contact us if this sounds like you
Also you should be
- fit and healthy enough to meet the practical requirements of this course
- at least nine (15) years of age to commence this course
- completed equivalent to Year 9 (Queensland Education)
- or equivalent to ten years full-time study in the English language
- or equivalent to eleven years full-time study in another language
- with excellent reading, writing, speaking and listening English language skills
Alternatively you may have sufficient life experience (at least 18 years) in lieu of the educational qualifications.
This course is delivered and assessed in English, so if English is not your first language you should be able to read, write, listen and speak the English language in an excellent manner prior to enrolment so you can maximise your learning.
If you believe you have equivalent pre-requisites to enter this course, or a very good reason why you cannot meet these pre-requisites, please contact us to discuss Email: Glenys@OnlineHorseCollege.com
You will need to supply
- A computer with
- Internet access
- Microsoft Office suite
- Scanner (preferable but not essential)
- Skype software (free) for phone tutorials
- Other free software as advised during the course
- An equestrian environment/ trail ride centre for practical training and assessments, ideally in a commercial setting (see our checklist)
- A suitable horse for your practical activities
- A supervisor who has experience with horses and in particular in the section you are studying. As horse activities are of a high risk nature, it is essential that when you are attempting unfamiliar activities you
- have completed the theory components prior to attempting the practical components
- are under the supervision of an experienced horse person who can perform the task competently. This supervisor should have performed the task many times, is able to advise you on the risks and show you how to minimise the risks. They should continue to supervise you until you are competent.
When you have completed the ‘Own Horse Business’ course, you can enrol in our ‘Equine Business Management‘ course. This course focuses on more advanced strategies of turning your horse interest into a cash machine with either your own or another equine enterprise. As an added bonus, this course also gives you credit into some University courses.
Our distance learning equine studies all work within the Australian Training Qualifications Framework (AQTF). We provide a Pathway from High School through our Certificate and Certificate 4 courses that give recognized credit into University courses. These distance learning equine courses are registered in Australia, but because they are taught by distance education, students can access them around the world and still receive their educational qualifications.
Most countries recognize qualifications delivered and accredited by Registered Training Organisations in Australia. They are often held in higher regard to qualifications issued in their own country!
If your country has equestrian and equine qualifications, they may be able to grant RPL (Recognition of Prior Learning) into their qualifications from your studies at Online Horse College.
|All of our online equine courses are from fully accredited qualifications and we are Nationally Recognised to deliver this training. See details of our last audit here. These home study horse courses have been adapted to the needs of the international Equestrian Industry. We are accredited to deliver the following;
Horse Business Introduction
Horse Industry Introduction
Sport Horse Introduction
Horse Husbandry Assistant
Working with Horses
Working with Sport Horses
Horse Riding Instructor
Horse Husbandry Professional
Horse Industry Professional
Horse Riding Instructor
Own Horse Business
Specialised Horseriding Instructor
Advanced Horseriding Instructor
Equine Business Management
Advanced Horseriding Instructor
We keep abreast with the latest developments within the equine industry and as Training Packages and courses are revised, we will re-enrol you in the updated course before the teach-out period at no additional cost to you.
|We are a member of the Australian Council for Private Education and Training (ACPET). Acpet is the National Industry Association for independent providers of Vocational Education. They have strict controls in place to guarantee that students are treated fairly and in accordance with their guidelines|
|You may be eligible to be paid for up to two years for an individual course, but only if you are an Australian citizen and meet the Centrelink guidelines. Your local Centrelink office will be able to let you know if you meet their criteria for our equine home learning. Most people do, but if you already have a sizable income then don’t expect to qualify!
Provider Institution Ref No: 4P530
|Online Horse College (previously Ausintec/Caboolture Equestrian Centre) has been a Registered Training Organisation since 2001 delivering courses to meet the needs of the International Equestrian Industry during that time. Until recently Online Horse College has delivered all training ‘on campus’ but has developed online courses to meet the needs of the growing International equine community.
Registered Training Organisation No: 31352
|As a Registered Training Organisation, we cannot give you credit into the EA (Equestrian Australia – previously Equestrian Federation of Australia qualifications for the study you compete with us.
However our Director (Glenys Cox) is a qualified Coach Educator and Examiner for EA and is able to offer credit into the EA qualifications from your studies at OnlineHorseCollege.com
Please contact her at Glenys (at) OnlineHorseCollege.com for further details
|Depending on your State requirements, this course may give you credit into the ‘Horse Riding Instructor’/ ‘Trail Ride Leader’ course. These qualifications may be required for you to be employed as a horse riding instructor or a trail ride leader. If you require further assessments, or credit from one of our other courses our Director (Glenys Cox) is a qualified Coach Educator and Examiner and is able to complete your individual State requirements
Please contact her at Glenys (at) OnlineHorseCollege.com for further details
* This price is for a limited number of enrolments only, so we apologize if they are no longer available at this price when you try to enrol
Because of the time commitment required to offer such a high level of support, we have to strictly limit the number of members in this course.
So if you want to APPLY to enrol, then please go ahead and apply now while there’s still time. Just click the button to apply.
- Would you like to take your activities with horses to the next level?
- Would you love to have a business focused on your passion?
- Would you love to help people with their horses and horse activities?
- Would you just like to know that you are helping horses by helping their owners?
If you have said ‘yes‘ to any of the above questions, then YES … this is the right course for you
Simply enrol now and take advantage of our special offer
Once your payment has been processed, you will automatically gain access to a secure student page. This page will give you access to the first section of your ‘Own Horse Business’ course as well as some of your free bonuses
Start learning within minutes!
You now have the opportunity to join one of the most successful Online Horse Colleges in the world.
Our ‘Own Horse Business’ Courses account for up to most of our student career choices for their second course! That means, once you have an initial qualification (usually Horse Riding Instructor course) you have an excellent opportunity to be a highly successful with your own horse career/business – just follow my steps faithfully.
Given the tremendous support you will have to get you started in your own horse business, I think it should be a ‘no-brainer’” for you to make the final decision.
Your WORST case scenario is you will talk to me and find that the ‘Own Horse Business’ Course is not what you’re looking for. We will simply have a conversation where you can ask me your questions about the course. Then, if it is not what you are looking for then we can both discontinue the call and you will not be charged one cent!
On the other hand…
Your BEST case scenario is you finally find the course that you have been looking for and work towards the career that you have dreamed about….
Imagine seeing your resume – the right qualifications to always find the ideal horse job, no matter what country you live in or travel to!
Considering both scenarios, you simply can’t lose by applying up for the ‘Own Horse Business’ Course IMMEDIATELY!
If you have questions before you enroll or would prefer a different method to pay then please contact us.
Enrol in the ‘Own Horse Business’ course NOW!
I have read and understood all the information on this page.
Please enrol me immediately!
As you are undertaking an Australian qualification on the National Training Framework, you must provide
If you are in Australia
- Proof of Citizenship (Either Birth Certificate, Medicare Card or Passport for any Country)
- Proof of Residency (Drivers Licence / 18+ Card / Bank Statement / Centrelink Card / Utility Bill / AEC Letter displaying your current residential address)
- USI (Unique Student Identifier), details found on this link www.OnlineHorseCollege.com
- Proof of Prior Education or Certificates
If you are overseas
- Proof of Citizenship
(If you are able to provide Birth Certificate or Passport then please contact us)
- Proof of ID (a form of photo identification preferably)
- Proof of Prior Education or Certificates
Funded students will require additional identification as stated on your Enrolment Form
Should you have any questions, please feel free to call my office on + 61 7 3102 5498 or (07) 3102 5498. My team will assist you – with respect and courtesy. So please go ahead and apply now. To delay may mean you pay more or risk missing out.
Here’s to your equine career success,
Ms Glenys Cox
Horse Riding Instructor,
Equestrian Coach Educator & Examiner,
Teacher, Lecturer, Author, Mentor & Horse Lover
Online Horse College